Saturday, December 02, 2006

Shock

This is what shock feels like. Your brain just shuts down. It stops working in mid-sentence. My mind goes blank.

I'm trying (and I use the word trying loosely), to focus on the positive.

It's going to be a long long weekend with the viewing on Sunday and funeral on Monday.

As much as I want to, I cannot make myself cry anymore. I feel like there are simply no more tears left. But I know on Sunday and Monday, the tears will be flowing freely.

I'll write it again, I have wonderful friends and family. They have gently reminded me where to pick up a thought or to finish a sentence. I have so much support it's actually a bit overwhelming but it's also very reassuring.

My husband has been my rock. He has stepped up and taken care of things without me asking.

Again, I'm not sure why I'm blogging...but it does feel good to get some of these feelings out.

No comments: