Friday, December 08, 2006

The LONGEST week EVER!

It's been a long long week (it feels like years) and frankly, I'm happy it's over.

Here's a glance of what my week entailed:

Monday
The worst day by far of the week. My mom's funeral. Enough said.

Tuesday
The kiosk arrives at the gym. Turns out the plumber didn't finish his work Sunday night. Kiosk installers from UTAH have to go home. Howard County decides I need a building permit after all. I'm on the verge of a breakdown. Go to the county permitting office and to find out if I really need a permit (because a month ago they said I didn't)...ooops....turns out they were wrong. Beyond breakdown at this point...just ticked off.

Wednesday
Spend most of the day at my mom & dad's house (it will always be my mom & dad's house). Help out there and run a few errands. Pick up drawings from my plumber that I need for permitting.

Thursday
I spend my morning and a large part of the afternoon at the gym waiting on a delivery. The driver gets lost and doesn't show up until 3pm. I SAT ALL DAY.....boring. I did take a break and go to my Thai Kickboxing class - it felt good to get some of my frustration, anger and general pissiness (I think I just made up a new word) out on the target.

Friday
Meet the electrician in a parking lot (shady..isn't it) to pick up his drawings for permitting. Head up to the county offices just to find out that I need even MORE stuff. Nearly have breakdown in the middle of the permit office. Control my self long enough to at least make it outside before I burst out into tears. Go to the gym to pick up every single architectural drawing of the gym and get a letter about the purpose of the "lounge." Go pick up haley from school - because now she has a fever. Go back to the permit office with all of the new info I need. Meet with a guy that dave spoke with who promises that I'll have a permit in hand by NO LATER than the end of next week. Go home and follow up with a ton of people about my permit.


That's all folks....really...it can only get better from here.

1 comment:

kristin said...

cause you needed all the headaches of the permit with everything else you've got going on, right?

:( sorry, hon :(