Monday, December 25, 2006

Low Key Christmas

It must have been our Christmas gift...the kids slept until 8am this morning. I fully expected to be woken up at the crack of down begging to open presents. Instead, I got to lounge in bed and watch the Today show until I saw Paige try to sneak downstairs....

Then it all began...the excitement of seeing presents and the joy of seeing the girls faces as they opened their gifts.

We had my family over for breakfast...it's Dave's favorite meal...pancakes, bacon, sausage, eggs and breakfast rolls. It was great. And I was doing great until....

Everyone left...I just sat on the sofa and bawled. It's like someone just opened the faucet. So I sat there for a few minutes until I got hugs from Paige and Haley.

The rest of the day? I creamed Dave in Disney Monopoly (one of his Christmas gifts) and watched "Sweet Sixteen" on Mtv with Paige.

My thought of the day is....

I know mourning and grieving takes months to go through your system (and everyone around me keeps reminding me - almost to the point of driving me nuts).

But when is it okay to be okay again?

You can't just lay around the house being sad for the rest of your life. You can't not do normal everyday things.

For me, I try to push through and just deal with things later. I've found from experience that, doing this will work but only for a short amount of time....sooner or later your feelings catch up to you.

No comments: