After posting blog's on our family website..it's been a complete pain in the butt. It was nearly impossible to post comments - so I started a real blog.
Don't laugh at the name...it was my attempt to be creative.
Tessa's blog has moved - 9.17.06
I have a new blog...click here. Goldscher.com hasn't been too easy to use as a blog so I'm switching things up...we'll see how it goes. ;)
Thirteen Thursday - 9.14.06
1. Haley is on a mission to have at least 1 cold a week.
2. I was actually nervous for Paige's back to school night.
3. I FINALLY have an OFFICIAL signed lease for Maui Wowi to go into The Columbia Gym.
4. In approximately 8 weeks, I will have a kiosk in the gym.
5. Haley LOVES to use the potty (sometimes for a little too long)
6. Paige is a fashion diva.
7. The dogs are testing me to see how much barking and whining I can put up with.
8. I desperately need a Girls Night.
9. I love the Ellen DeGeneres Show.
10. I have $6.10 in my liposuction fund. (Bye bye love handles!)
11. The winner of Rockstar Supernova was disappointing (Lukas Rossi) - my vote was for Toby (the hot Australian)
12. On my list of 100 things to do is be on Survivor (it won't happen but it made the list)
13. I love the smell of clean laundry but HATE having to fold it. :)
Super Awesome Morning!! - 9.14.06
The morning started out sketchy but Paige MADE my morning. She did it...she finally really did it...she walked into her classroom by herself! It may not seem like alot but it was HUGE. I didn't have to do the "push 'n run" or have her teacher do the "grab." She actually walked in by herself. Ahhhh...now if I could just get Haley back to school. :)
Sick again - 9.13.06
Haley is home sick again...I swear she looks for germs! As I type this, she is sound asleep on the sofa with Jester & Hefner.
Paige is having fun at school (sort of)...we're still having problems "letting go" at school...it makes the morning just a tad bit difficult.
Maui Wowi is moving along...the lease is signed and executed. I am waiting on a revised kiosk plan for final approval. Once the plan is approved, I'll have my very own kiosk in 5-6 weeks. :)
And since Paige started kindergarten, I've been feeling old...not just a little old but OLD. I've been obsessing over beauty products. I've been using Arbonne for about a year...it's a great product but very very pricey. I've slowly started switching over to Avon products and have found 2 that are WONDERFUL: Anew Clinical Eye Lift and Anew Clinical Advanced Retexturizing Peel. The peel is amazing...after two weeks my skin is glowing. It was worth every penny.
Now I'm concentrating on a diet for people with thryoid issues...we'll see how it goes. :)
Comments?
I finally figured it out! - 9.8.06
It took me forever but I finally figured out how to add a comment/guest page. Click here to leave your message.
Thursday Thirteen - 9.7.06
1. Having 3 dogs is expensive.
2. I need new clothes.
3. Having a child in kindergarten makes you feel OLD!
4. I still wish I was at the beach!
5. Now I have $6 in my liposuction fund.
6. Paige also LOVES "Take Home Chef"
7. I will never be "skinny" - I love food too much.
8. I am NOT good at waiting (read: Maui Wowi).
9. The family room addition is almost done.
10. I love Ikea.
11. I could live at Ikea.
12. I've fallen off the Weight Watchers wagon.
13. My goal is to jump back on the wagon.
After the flood - 9.1.06
Click here to check out photos of the post-flood room plus a few photos of today (I was bored).
Thursday Thirteen and When it rains it pours... - 8.31.06
Here is how my day went yesterday - Paige woke up with a fever (only 2 days into the school year) and ended up missed school. The plumber finally arrived to install our toilet and pedestal sink in the new powder room.
I was feeling ambitious and groomed both Jester & Blossom. When they were done, I realized that I was covered head to toe in itchy dog hair. I cleaned up and while getting dressed heard a gushing sound that reminded me of running water. Not really wanting to know what the sound was...I just stood in my hallway....then I heard the plumber sprinting downstairs to turn off the main water. I quietly walked downstairs and saw a flood of water in the new powder room and also on the new carpet. I just froze...didn't move...didn't yell...didn't do anything but just stand there looking. The plumber (who was also drenched) cleaned everything up but today our contractor had to pull up the carpet to let everything dry. OHHH did I also mention that I also got a call yesterday that Haley had a fever? Really...when it rains it pours...
Here goes Thursday Thirteen....
1. It pays to hire a decorator to help fix up your house.
2. My kids have entirely too many toys.
3. I tend to over-commit myself.
4. I am graduating to a gold belt tomorrow night.
5. I also have to break a board with my palm tomorrow night.
6. I am addicted to vanilla iced tea.
7. I have a whopping $5 in my liposuction fund (at this rate I'll be 100 by the time I have enough saved up).
8. Laundry is my enemy.
9. My dogs will eat ANYTHING (including crayons, little tidbits of electrical wiring, and plastic)
10. I wish I was at the beach.
11. Paige and I enjoy watching Food Network together.
12. My dogs look super cute after they are groomed.
13. I can't wait until the kids feel well enough to go back to school.
First day of school - 8.28.06
Today was Paige's first day of kindergarten and Haley's first day at Bet Yeladim preschool. It was a very emotional morning (and I managed not to cry at either school - I did however cry this weekend).
Haley was great - we dropped her off and she played like we weren't even there. So we left quickly. :)
With Paige, we walked her over to her teacher, Mrs. Robey, and then into her classroom. All seemed well until Dave took a few seconds too long for a goodbye...BUT she was still okay and faired much better than expected.
For 1st day of school photos click here.
Thursday Thirteen - 8.24.06
1. When your house is being painted don't expect to have a clean house.
2. Paige starts kindergarten on Monday.
3. I almost cried at kindergarten orientation today when reading a kindergarten poem.
4. Haley starts preschool at Bet Yeladim on Monday too.
5. My dogs stink after being outside so much (and from the PetsHotel).
6. I LOVE my new sofa.
7. I LOVE my new family room.
8. I'm starting a liposuction fund.
9. Pontiac cars SUCK!
10. I am SO glad that I don't work in the corporate world anymore.
11. My new favorite show is "Feasting on Asphalt" on the Food Network.
12. I also watched "Work Out" for the first time last night and loved it.
13. Going boating with a 2 year old is very interesting. :)
We're home! - 8.22.06
We've been away since last Thursday and we finally arrived home last night. We had a blast in Rocky Gap and at Jonathan & Rachel's wedding but it's really nice to be home (I'll be posting photos from both events later today).
Rocky Gap Resort was great - sort of in the middle of nowhere but great! We took the girls canoeing for the first time, roasted marshmallows over the campfire and swam.
Jonathan and Rachel's wedding was on Sunday and was absolutely beautiful! The weather was perfect and we had a great time. Paige & Haley were flower girls and had every intention to walk down the aisle but both froze at the last minute (so I ended up carrying Haley and pushing Paige). The reception continued at my dad's house that evening...let's just say it's too bad we didn't take pictures of a certain person shot gunning beers (no...not me!). Haley had her very first boat ride - she actually fell asleep for 1/2 of the ride but then woke up and starting saying "whee!" It was a great way to end the weekend!
Got to run and get the girls ready for the day....
Thursday Thirteen - 8.10.06
1. Karma - it's a good thing!! :)
2. Just when you think your addition is almost done - you still have weeks to go.
3. Drywall dust has a habit of getting absolutely everywhere.
4. Going to the Howard County fair twice in four days is exhausting.
5. Thryogen injections really make your butt muscles hurt.
6. Paige can only eat 1/2 a bag of cotton candy from the fair.
7. I can't stop drinking Diet Dr. Pepper Cherry Vanilla.
8. I still want liposuction (or maybe gastric bypass).
9. Three dogs, two kids and a husband = messy house.
10.I am really bored at home (I can only handle so many projects/cleaning).
11.Keggers are really cool!
12.Having lunch with a friend is a good thing!
13.I procrastinate when writing thank you notes.
Thyrogen - how I love thee - 8.8.06
This week marks my annual thyrogen test to check for an remnants of thyroid cancer. It's tons of fun...it started on Monday with an injection in my right bum and continued today with another injection in my left bum. I don't remember being sore last year but it definitely is this year! And don't think the fun is over yet...I get to have blood drawn tomorrow and Friday...ahhh, the fun! ;)
The good thing about thyrogen is that I don't have to be off any of my meds or go on a crazy diet - just get shots in the bum! ;)
P.S. I'm working on something to post comments...it will probably take me a few days (or more).
Drywall dust & banning the pacifier- 8.8.06
If you have ever been through a remodel/construction - you too know that drywall dust gets absolutely everywhere! Today was the day that the drywall was sanded. There is sand on and in every crevice. It's on the chairs, the table, computer, lamp, pictures and even the toys....AGH! I guess I'll be doing some heavy duty dusting and cleaning today - and the sad part is that there is more to come before they are done.
So we have banned Haley from having a pacifier anywhere but her bed...it's worked most of the time. It has allowed her to start talking a lot more...we are starting to get more two word sentences (i.e. my chair, my seat). So between Haley and Paige, I pretty much don't have to say a word. :)
I'm off to start cleaning...
Why I love Krispy Kreme - 8.4.06
I don't know why I love Krispy Kreme...I know that they are HORRIBLE for any diet (hmm...Weight Watchers)...but there is something about the freshly baked (I mean...fried) smell of dough. I took the girls to Krispy Kreme to get them donuts and me a coffee (they have the BEST coffee) but I let the aroma get to me and I gave in and had a donut. Now I feel guilty...I have a ball of sugar coated fried dough (sounds appetizing - doesn't it) sitting in the stomach. UGH.
Oh well, at least I got Haley to eat something in its entirety (she scarfed down a cake donut).
I'll be good on my diet tomorrow...okay maybe Sunday.... :)
Thursday Thirteen - 8.3.06
1. Haley can go for days without much sleep at all.
2. A kid can get a cold in a matter of minutes.
3. Green boogers are really gross.
4. Being on Weight Watchers really sucks - I want pizza from Pasta Blitz so bad I can taste it.
5. I love being at the beach and having a water view.
6. Swim diapers are only good at not swelling up - they don't hold in ANYTHING! (A word from the wise)
7. Watching Shark Week on Discovery only intensifies my fear of sharks but somehow I am drawn to watch more and more.
8. It's okay to be 30 and still go to a kegger (but now it's with Yuengling and Miller Lite - instead of Natural Lite and Natty Boh)
9. I want liposuction.
10. My husband doesn't like when the kids and I are away. (and yes, we miss him too)
11. Karate birthday parties ROCK!
12. Never ever let your 5 year old hold her own gift certificate in the mall - she is bound to lose it.
13. Shopping with a 2 year old in tow never ends well.
Thanks Kristin - I hope your AC is fixed!!
The Countdown has begun - 7.18.06
Paige is counting down the days and I think minutes until her birthday. She wakes up everyday and is so excited for the big day. However, I have planned poorly and have yet to buy her anything for her birthday. Tomorrow will be my shopping day so I plan on hitting the Disney Store and Libby Lu for gifts fit for a princess!!
Construction blues... - 7.18.06
Don't get me wrong...I am beyond excited for our addition but I am getting tired of all of the mess. And something is wrong with our house phone since the new siding went up so I can't call out or receive phone calls (which puts a damper making business phone calls).
BUT it is beautiful so far (can you really call an unfinished box beautiful?)...a few of the windows have gone in and Dave & I can really begin to see the beginnings of a finished product.
It will be absolutely perfect for us. We love our house and cannot imagine moving...our street is filled with mature trees and our sidewalks filled with the sounds of kids playing (unless it's 100 degrees outside). It may seem like a small house to some but to us it is home and hopefully always will be.
Everything really does happen in 3s - 7.13.06
Seriously, we have had a stinky (sorry...watching my language at home) week. First, my car was in the shop with a multitude of issues (which didn't get fixed the 1st time - I have to go back again tomorrow morning). Then, our washer broke last night. And finally, we had someone scheduled to come out today (as in right now) but they just called to say that they wouldn't make it.
So as I sit here practicing my deep breathing techniques, I am counting down the minutes/seconds until I leave for the beach tomorrow evening. My youngest sister, Juli, turned 21 on Tuesday, so I am going to help her celebrate with a few of her friends from UDel. :)
Happy Wednesday! - 7.12.06
It's finally Wednesday...I'm home without a car (my minivan is having a bit of a problem - it sounds like it is taking off). :) Construction is still going...they are currently re-siding the house...it looks so much better and brighter!! Dave and I picked out a toilet and sink for the new bathroom and are looking over paint colors. Dave wants super bright (think Smurf blue or this background) and I would rather have something more subtle (think pale blues). So the negotiations continue....
Kids are great...Paige is going thru a talking back/grumpy stage. I just can't wait for her to become a teenager if this is a sign of what is to come!!
Paige's karate - 7.7.06
Yesterday Paige had karate class with 4 boys and she held her own! After a few tentative minutes, she dove in and had no problem keeping up with the boys. She was fantastic (although she did enjoy looking at herself in the mirror!)! Paige will be able to earn her camouflage white belt in the next few weeks!
Many thanks to Dave, Paige & Haley for coming to watch me "graduate" to an orange belt after my kickboxing class. I completed my 15 pushups and also broke a board with my knee. Only 15 more classes until I can become a gold belt!
Happy Birthday Blossom!! - 7.3.06
A super happy birthday to Blossom (our silky terrier) as she turns 10 (I know...I'm a freak)! Paige decided to celebrate Blossom's birthday that we would give her one extra treat and a big hug/kiss. Under Paige's supervision, I made a HUGE bow for Blossom's collar. Happy Birthday Blossom!
Putting off Work - 7.3.06
Why are Monday's so difficult? I've been sitting at my computer trying to tie up a few loose ends and I can't quite seem to focus. Maybe it's because we were on vacation last week and I've haven't been to the gym either. Ugh! I guess I'll finish up what I need to do and then head off to the gym (got to work off some of that vacation food!). Happy early 4th of July!
New Website and Update - 7.2.06
So it's taken me forever to get this new website up and honestly I have no excuses. - I've been out of work since January! It's amazing how busy you get when you don't really have anything to do! So what's been going on? One answer - ALOT!
I'm starting a new business - Big Island Management dba Maui Wowi. We'll be serving Hawaiian smoothies & coffee in one of the Columbia gyms (we are in the lease phase - keep your fingers crossed). It's been taking up most of my time....and I've learned alot the past few months. I've been to Maui Wowi corporate for training in Denver and met lots of great people. I've also realized from my past corporate experience just what type of employer and boss I will strive to be.
Paige and Haley have both sprouted in the past few months. Paige will be 5 in 18 days and will start KINDERGARTEN in the fall - since when did my "baby" become a big kid? AGH! Haley turned 2 a month ago and is really starting to talk - with "NO" being her favorite word.
I've started Thai Kickboxing at Nabaiee's Family Martial Arts (where Paige is also taking karate) and I LOVE IT!! I'll be earning my orange belt in the next week and then onto my gold belt! My instructor, Mr. Nabaiee has been getting me into super shape !
Let's see...we've been on vacation (see Hilton Head 2006 pictures). and to a beautiful wedding (congrats Eric & Havi - see wedding photos) and also started an addition on our house (see construction photos)...
I think that's all...I'll try and update daily.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment