So you know when you find out something by accident?
Like leaving bagels in the fridge in a paper bag turns them into solid rock (thanks Dave) or leaving a glass of ice water on the table will inevitably be spilled?
We were fortunate enough to find out that our pond isn't below the freeze line. We moved our pond last year to the front yard and it now sits above the ground...duh...can't believe we didn't think of it!
AND guess what happened? We froze all of our fish to death. I know they are just fish but I feel AWFUL.
The worst part was when it began to get above freezing...it seems the fish had literally been frozen at the bottom so when it started to melt...yup...they popped up to the top...
I cannot even begin to describe how gross it was...thankfully, they have all been "disposed" of but still...I feel bad...Dave and I have already decided that next year we will spring for a pond heater...with our luck we'll turn it up to high and boil the fish.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
boiling fish... atleast you didnt boil my pet frog!!!! or have your pet lobster eat another pet frog I had!!! now thats when i felt bad!!
Post a Comment