I'll admit it. I'm cheap - frugal, penny pincher, economical, or a bargain shopper.
I love a good sale. I love buying things at a cost that is close to ridiculous.
My favorite place to hunt for a good sale? Kohls.
My other favorite "sale" store? Old Navy.
So this morning, I went to Kohls. Not really looking for anything in particular (maybe some things for spring/Disney).
I walked into the store and saw the signs....not only Clearance but 70% and 90% off signs.
The hunt was on for a good bargain! (and I really don't mind digging and searching...)
In the end....my damage? $50.
My loot? 5 pairs of pants/Capri's, 1 shirt and 2 other things (let's call them girl stuff). My biggest splurge was a pair of non-clearance Levis for $30. My best deal was a pair of Mudd jean Capri's with leather corded belt for $1.75 and a pair of shorts for $1.25. Everything was brand name....
Thursday I went to hunt at Old Navy's sale...I bought great clothes for the kids...tights for $1.75 (which they go through like crazy)...a skirt for $2.
So why do I like it so much? Well, partly because this is how I was raised. Growing up, we rarely made a full price purchase.
And as I've gotten older, I've realized that brand names and labels just don't matter. I am happy to wear clothes from anywhere (Target, Kohls, Old Navy, BJs) as long as I look and feel good. I don't feel the need to spend $100 on a pair of jeans when I can get a great pair for $30 - that look just as good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
i'm going to have to take you shopping with me to kohls because i can never find anything there. i get so overwhelmed with all the racks that i just shut down and leave the store. you always find cute stuff!
(but i did buy a cute, inexpensive top at express today. haven't been in that store for years!)
It's not hard to find good sales anywhere.... You just have to actually TRY... Isn't that a keyword in life?
Express.....Haven't they had a sale for the past month??? So, shouldn't everything be inexpensive there... hmmmm.... well okay....
good job kickboxingmom!!! It's better being cheap and have money than not be cheap and not have money!!!!!
It's not hard to find good sales anywhere.... You just have to actually TRY... Isn't that a keyword in life?
Express.....Haven't they had a sale for the past month??? So, shouldn't everything be inexpensive there... hmmmm.... well okay....
good job kickboxingmom!!! It's better being cheap and have money than not be cheap and not have money!!!!!
Post a Comment