Tuesday, January 23, 2007

BBC!

No...it's not British Broadcasting Corporation but the Black Belt Club.

Last night at kickboxing, I was formally invited to join the Black Belt Club...in front of the entire class.

Here is why I was selected:

Our Black Belt Club students are selected based on specific criteria. Members are role models for our other students and must demonstrate the characteristics of our ideal students.
Black Belt Club students:
- attend 2 classes per week consistently and punctually
- display a positive attitude inside and outside the school
- participate in class with energy
- demonstrate dedication and perseverance

So now that I've been chosen, I have to write a letter to Mr. Nabaiee explaining my fitness goals and once I achieve my Black Belt goal, what additional aspirations or dreams do I have.

Egads! I don't know....what do I write?

My dream? To retire and move somewhere warm and sunny (and of course, it must have a white sand beach and crystal clear blue water).

My dream seriously? To retire and live a long active healthy life (okay and maybe travel the globe)

It really does make you think....you've heard of the lists - 100 things you want to do before you die.

It's making me think....that I want to make a list too. I don't want to sit back and watch life go by. I want to do things that are fun, exciting and challenging.

I think my Black Belt is my first step.

No comments: