Sunday, April 08, 2007

Shrek

We have a new addition in our house.

Friday night we bought the kids a guinea pig. I know what you're thinking...EEEWWWW...why would they want that thing? Here's why....the kids really really wanted it and frankly, I don't mind animals at all....


At first Paige named him Princess...when it was confirmed that he indeed was a boy...after many many hours Dave convinced her that HE needed a boy name. So as a family, we came up with Shrek (and it just happens to be Haley's movie of all time).

This is NOT Shrek...but it looks very much like him...I'm working on getting a picture.





Shrek is one cool little dude.


Growing up I always had hamsters and for some reason, I was afraid of guinea pigs. Every single one of my hamsters had a nipping problem and Paige's hamster that died last year did too.


The PetSmart help assured me that guinea pigs do not nip (they said that I would either have to stick my hand in his mouth or smell like a carrot to have him nip).

So far, things have gone well...the dogs don't mind him (too much...I think Hefner would like Shrek as a snack). He is fun to watch and so chilled and laid back. He fits in perfect in our sort-of laid back chaotic house. :)

No comments: