Monday, September 22, 2008

Beach in a Bottle...


Appearances are so deceiving.

That cute little fluffy dog. That's Jester - my 11 year old silky terrier. Jester clearly has some issues that have never fully been worked through....maybe it was because he just figured out he was adopted (and that he's not human after all)...who knows..

See - if Jester is bored, frustrated, upset, scared, happy or sad - he'll pee. And I'm not talking about outside. He pees inside - ALL of the time.

I've tried doggie diapers (they are ridiculous), pee pads (one word - GROSS!), and calming pills & treats. AND nothing. Not one thing has helped. Right now we're only at occassional accidents - but gawd forbid I leave a door open - and boom - there it is - a puddle of pee.

He also goes through licking "spells"- I swear he'll lick everything in sight. Me, the guinea pig, Paige, Haley, my jeans, the sofa - seriously its a wonder his tongue hasn't fallen off.
I think he might have OCD but how do you get THAT diagnosed in a dog? Jester lay down on the sofa and tell me when you started to feel the urge to lick everything...

The only thing that has helped is being at the beach...it must be something magical...we walk in the door to the beach house and instantly Jester turns into a fluffy blob. He finds a place on the sofa or floor and promptly passes out.

That's what I want everyday - I want the fluffy blob that just lays around - not the neurotic "must get up and walk around" or "can't lay down must get up smell and lick everything" or "don't tick me off or let me get bored because I'll pee on your stuff."

Is there a way to bottle the beach and bring it home?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It seems like there is something at home he is pissed off about or not use too... And you know if you talk to the vet they can do something... peachie's dog is now on anti depressants cause of her grrr to everyone!!!