Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Becoming an author?

So a friend of mine read my blog and noticed that on my "Top 100" list that number 45 is write a children's book. She wants to write one too but neither of us have decided what we want to write about.

Do I use some of my life's experiences? (Uhhh...don't think these titles would work...let's talk about cancer....OR...let's talk about losing your mom....not gonna work!!!)

Do I make up a story? If so, about what??

Isn't it ironic that as a child your imagination is HUGE and making up a story is so easy? But as an adult we seem to turn off our imagination....

So I'm sitting here racking my brain...and I'm stuck....with a big old capital "S"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Use the kids to help your imagination... Ask them what they would want to read about. or try ( i know this might be hard ) to think like them!

and no... talking about cancer or losing mom wouldnt be great books.. more sad... I think you could write a book or a short story about what you have experience with your life!!!